Friday, April 24, 2009

"Thanks for asking."

I watched There will be Blood last night. Thomas hadn't planned on watching the movie with me. However, there we sat, enthralled. I'll give the film that, it is engaging. Beautiful cinematography. Slow, beautiful study shots. Fascinating characterization. It's an interesting story...I'm not sure what to think, really. The flim kept my undivided attention. It's rare that a movie will do that. I usually get bored, antsy, eager for the credits to roll.

Daniel Day Lewis' character is brilliant. His dialogue. His mannerisms. His expressions. His way of speaking to people. His solitude and privacy.

I would say more...but I'm not ready to yet. I need to ponder this one for a few more days. If you've seen it, then I'd love to read your thoughts and impressions. If you haven't seen it, it's definitely worth your time.

No comments: