Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Conditional Immortalism.

http://wisdomandfollyblog.com/2009/08/04/a-defense-of-conditional-immortalism/

Hey faithful readers:
I'd love to hear your thoughts on the above blog post.

The more traditional view of Hell is that if you don't believe in Jesus you will go to hell and suffer conscious torment for eternity.

Another view of hell called Annihilationism says that there is no punishment in hell...when you die you are just annihilated.

The view presented in the blog, Conditional Immortalism, does hold to a very real punishment in hell...however, it is only for a designated time. Ultimately, a non-believer, after punishment is destroyed and will no longer exist.

The blog, wisdomandfollyblog.com, is my professor's and his wife's, Jim and Amy Spiegel. Spiegel is a professor of philosophy at Taylor University. At Taylor I was in a band with him and with Steve and Chris Jones. I got really close with them and with Jim's family my last couple years at Taylor.

Many of you know I start many thoughts and stories with, "Well, Spiegel says..."

I hope you are able to get something from his and Amy's blog.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

I'll have to read it when I get a chance....but off the top of my head all I can think of is

Donnie: "Are these the Nazis, Walter? "

Walter: "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of."

annihilationism...nihilism whatever

Unknown said...

Needless to say, I second Thomas' comments.